Behind door number one....

I have a secret. yes, another one. Obviously I'm not the best housekeeper, and I'm ok with that. My mother will never give up hope, but...I have. And, like I said, I'm ok with that! My kidlets will never come down with some horrible flesh eating virus because my floors could use a good moping (I hope!) But neither are they so bad that I'll wind up on some reality cleaning show. So I'm good. I've reached my cleaning happy place. Just enough. It's a tightrope walk though, I have to assess daily if today.is.the.day I have to clean. Today, today is one of those days. Which explains why I am currently sitting on my living room couch with the laptop posting to you. All 13 of you who might one day read this. I'm a procrastinator as well as a just.adequate cleaner. But I digress...

I have a freezer. Well, actually I have 2 freezers, one big ol' chest freezer, and the top of my fridge freezer. And like many not-quite-clean -enough households, when things have doors on 'em, they are the last things to be cleaned. now come one, admit it. Everyone knows this is the truth. Things with doors are bad. Bad with a capital B 'yo. A clean house is a house with no doors. Honestly.
So my freezers. I'm having some issues. Issues like I cannot FIND anything! Dinner is becoming a nightmare since I have to suit up in my winter gear just to find out what's in the bottom of my freezer. It's a bad scene. What's worse, is particularly with the fridge/freezer, it's a hard hat only place, and my little girl, a relatively new crawler, does not currently read well enough to have gotten that memo. I live in daily fear of the freezer opening up and vomiting it's contents on my beautiful baby girl, innocently cruisin' on by the fridge. We've had a few close calls.

This, my friends, is my confession. For today anyways. My freezers are disaster areas. And I have photographic proof. Be kind to me.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Looking at these pictures, I wonder why I have a paintbrush in the door of my freezer. My white walls contest to the lack of painting we've engaged in.

No comments: