What I did this Saturday morning

I'm lucky enough to have 2 neighbors whom I can call friends. Even better is that we all have kids who play well together. I say even better because that means I get to hand out with them as much as I want. *ahem* I mean, I facilitate mind expanding world experiences and ensure the creation and reinforcement of desirable social skills.

Yeah, we have play dates.

Today, not only did we have a play date, drink some coffee, have some girlie talk, exchanges new book ideas, but I also picked up a very cool recipe idea (thanks T!). And any recipe that is easy and shakes up my routine a bit is fine by me. And when said recipe has my preschooler in a giggling fit on the floor makes me want to strip off all my clothes and go running naked through the woods. No, not really. But it does make me happy :D

First, find yourself a muffin tin. I'm ghetto and only have a medium size muffin tin, but a Jumbo muffin tin would be really awesome. In my defense, 9 months ago I didn't even own a muffin time, so I am moving up in the world. Next step, PYREX! But I digress.

Muffin Tin.

Then grab yourself some yummy bread, a cutting board, and a glass whose mouth is about the same size as the bottom of your muffin tin. It's ok to be a bit off. Nobody's perfect. (Except Edward, but he's a fictional character, so I'm not sure he counts)
Photobucket

Have some fun, get the kidlets involved. Cut the bread out in circles with the glass. If your kidlet is like mine, he thinks this is just the weirdest thing ever and had a giggle fit right there. I even left my clothes on.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Spray some of that fake oil into the pan. You'll thank me later.
Pop the bread in to the pan.
Photobucket

grab your eggs. YUM. eggs
Photobucket

Crack those suckers. I only wanted to make 4. I like whole numbers. They make me feel complete. I think it's because I was raised in a family of 4. Whole numbers make sense to me. Odd numbers make me nervous.
Photobucket

Grab your cheese. YUM. Cheese. Grate it. Like my grater? It's awesome.
Photobucket

Put the cheese on the Eggs and bread. Don't be shy, it's just cheese.
Photobucket

Put 'em in the over at 350 for about 15 minutes. Go clean a toilet. Floss your teeth. Change a diaper. Pick your nose. Count your gray hair. Wait another 14 minutes.

Grab some sour cream and salsa. YUM. Sour Cream and Salsa.
Photobucket

Take 'em out.
Photobucket

Take a deep breath, breath in the yummy fumes. Exhale. YUM.
Photobucket


You're welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that looks so good! I'm going ot have to make that for Stan tommorrow!

Jennylou's Projects said...

Looks yummy!