Kicking it Old School

Here I sit, on Friday night, playing online. It's ok to be jealous, I understand. Wait, what? You're not jealous? You're out getting jiggy with it? Shakin' what your momma gave ya? strutting your stuff? Collecting phone numbers?
well damn you then. I'm not your friend anymore. Me and my cats are just fine and dandy, thank you very much.
Oh hell no, I just became that crazy cat lady didn't I? I am too young to be that crazy cat lady! I'm not even thirty yet!!

ok, enough of that. Now i've got a complex about my relationship with not only my cats, but my computer as well. All I came here to show you was a cute old picture of me! Man, i do not stay on topic, do I?

Ok, cute picture, right.

So the other day I mentioned Ringette. In the post about friends. And my darling husband going to some rock concert. Remember? And how many of you googled Ringette? Can I see a raise of hands? 1-2? out of a total audience of...2? nice. Good job.

Ringette, for my lovely readers, is a fabulous game. Mostly played by girls (*ahem* women), it is played on ice similar to hockey. Actually, it's a lot like Hockey. Bt without a puck, and without blades on the sticks. Ringette players use a straight stick and use it to stab the middle of a blue rubber ring. It's so much fun, trust me on that one. No, seriously, trust me. It's FUN. I wouldn't lie.

I was damn good too. I payed Defense, and nobody got by me. Sometimes, just sometimes, I might have played a bit rough. Maybe a bit more than a bit. Maybe a lot. Maybe I used Ringette as an outlet for my redheaded temper. Maybe, just maybe. But I was gooood.

This, is me
Photobucket

back when I was young, skinny and gorgeous. 2 kids and a University degree later, not so much on any of those accounts, but let's not talk about that, ok? I love this picture. I look at it and think "Who is that cutie?" well, that cutie is me. And if you laugh, i might have to hurt you. I've still got my ringette sticks you know. And I know how to use 'em. Sure, I had braces. And sure I had some unfortunate bangs going on. But can't you just see the excitement on my face?! The pure Joie-de-vivre?! I can, and I love it.

No comments: