You'll have to excuse me...

..for being absent today. And for the scream you probably heard at approximately 4pm this afternoon. My apologies for scaring the children.

You see, I scream when I get excited.

Mind out of the gutter people, who do you think I am? Wait, don't answer that. Focus here, there is a story, a PG rated story!

I was screaming because at about 4pm EST my husband and I were signing on the dotted line. A dotted line that signified our buying a BRAND NEW HOUSE!!

See, you're excited too and it's not even your house!!

Our NEW HOUSE (yes, that does need to be in capitals, and no, I don't care if that bothers you, it's my NEW HOUSE, I squeal when I say it out loud) is located about 2 hours east of where we currently live, which makes it about 1.5 hours closer to not only both of our families (aka free babysitters) but also within walking distance from one of my best friends, and a short hop, skip and jump in a car from my other best friend. What else can a girl want? Other than losing 20 pounds and discovering a mascara that actually will coat and separate my eyelashes without clumping, but we can't ask for miracles, now can we?

Luckily for you, my faithful reader...*ahem* readers might I hope?....while the outside of our NEW HOUSE is constructed, we still get the divine pleasure of choosing the finishes inside. Oh the joy, of the wiggly wiggly joy!! Think of the hours and hours of discussions we can have about counter colours matching cabinet colours, the merits of carpet v. hardwood, window converings, organization systems, door knobs, light fixtures...oh me, oh my, i'm getting all hot to trot just thinking about!

I didn't just say that. Sorry.

Of course, the idea of packing up my overabundance of material possessions is making me cry inside a little.
ok, a lot.
ok, a huge amount.
We have a lot of *stuff*. Man do we have a lot of stuff. But that's a while 'nuther post for a whole 'nuther day. For now, I am going to bed with sweet sweet image of my new en suite bathroom dancing in my head!

Can't you just see it now? The brand spankin' new toilet seat just waiting for my butt to pop it's cherry....ahhhh.

i'm sorry.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congratulations!!! Have fun with all those choices!