Off the straight and narrow

Sometimes I don't like following the crowd. Sometimes I like being a bit different. A bit unique. A bit quirky even. And I'm ok with that. Maybe it was growing up with all this red hair, always intrinsically being a bit difference from "the masses" that has sewn this seed in me. I sometimes like to dress all normal-like except for one itty bitty thing that is just...off. And then see who notices. Then other times I like to accessorize with a big flamboyant piece of something-something and not be subtle at all. Spice things up a bit. Get a bit frilly. Being a SAHM, there isn't much I *can* do to shake things up. My almost three year old might contest a bit if I wear a big flower atop my head. And nobody likes being laughed at by a three year old. Those of you with three year olds understand, and those of you without three year olds will just have to trust me. It's just not cool.
It's those times I reach for this:

Photobucket

Ain't she a beaut?

All bright green and shiny and just...happy. I love it, it is so me. Technically everything about it is normal-like. It has a handle, all sides, leather construction, buckles, all normal, all in their normal spots. But the colour! OH THE COLOUR!!!

Photobucket

That's what I'm talking about.

There is something about being functional with a touch of oh-la-la that I can relate too. If you see me and my green purse around, you know I'm in the mood to shake things up a bit!

No comments: