The Pied Piper


dec 31 249, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

This, my friends, is one of my best friends. Let's call her AJ. I don't know how I managed it, but both of my best friends are slim gorgeous blondes. Kill me now. ok, no, don't, but I *could* use some sympathy. Fluffy redheads can only take so much.

But I digress...

This wonderful lady above, who I will have the privilege of hanging out with tomorrow to chill, relax and fondle her growing baby belly is the pied piper of children. They flock to her without even knowing why.

Even my baby girl, Miss A herself, falls all over herself to get to her buddy, *my* best friend. Forget mommy, who cares about her when AJ is in the room, I mean REALLY! Priorities!
Photobucket

These two go way back, so I can't really fault my baby girl. And by way back, I mean to the very beginning. The VERY beginning, I kid you not. My best friend was the very first person to ever hold my daughter, after she had to stand in for the second midwife who didn't quite make it to my homebirth in time. Who knew that 10 minutes wasn't enough notice to give the midwives? Granted, I was a bit in denial that I was actually *in* labour, let alone progressed to the stage of imminent baby-hood, so saying that I delivered my girl so fast I beat the midwives is more a badge of honour than anything else.
And AJ, along with my other BFF who I have yet to introduce to you, were the best thing I could have ever hoped for during my homebirth. Sure the husband was great, that's why I married him, but to have these two lovely ladies with me was priceless. AJ's medical training set everyone's mind at ease from the *omg-she's-having-a-planed-homebirth* mindset I encountered through my pregnancy. She's one cool cucumber, and I can't thank her enough for being there. When it became apparent that I was NOT joking when I said "Ring of FIRE, the baby is coming NOW!", AJ shifted right to her medical side and was there with the midwife, checking to make sure my baby girl was as healthy as I knew she would be. I remember laying back against my headboard with such a feeling of peace knowing AJ was there with my girl.

But I digress (again, i'm sorry)...I think that Miss A knows AJ on some deep level. They seem to have this connection that even the other kids, as enamored as they are with AJ, don't have. My son, the crazy dude, pleads with me to go to their house. I'm sure if Miss A could talk, would plead as well.

So there you have it people...the Pied Piper of children is also the amazingly gorgeous best friend of yours truly.

I just hope she doesn't kill me for posting these pictures of her!

1 comment:

babymagic said...

that's so nice to have such a wonderful best friend like that. LOVE the pic of Ms A and AJ nose to nose...it's priceless