"I'll never do..."

I will never say "I'll never do..." with regards to parenting ever ever again. today. No, seriously, everyday.

A good friend of mine, Heather over at Pittsburg mom recently wrote about her food struggles with her sons. After vowing she's never be a "short order cook", she finds herself as...their short order cook. Damn.

I think every parent has one of these. And if they don't, their child just isn't old enough yet. Every single parent I know has to eat some kind of crow pie. Myself included.

WHOA! I'm not perfect?! What? Who? How? oh.right. Did I just admit that on the great world wide webz?! It seems I did. huh. damn.

But alas, tis true. My own parental Kryptonite at this moment is chocolate milk. While my son was potty training, I got so.freaking.gosh.darn.crazy.tired of cleaning you.know.what off the floor. And I've got carpet people. It's not pretty. I've got other things to do than scrub brown stains off my floor! Other very important, earth shattering things!! Like...like...ok, I'll get back to you on that. Either way, it's not pleasant.

So I turned to bribery. And gosh darn it, it works. It works too well now actually. I have been outsmarted by my almost three year. His old once-a-day habit has since been turned into a four-times-a-day habit, each of which he demands to be compensated for succes by scremaing "CHOCOLATE MILK MOMMY!!!" Damn.

I curse myself four times a day when the chocolate buzz has him running laps around his Tomas Train table screaming for me to chase him. "Get me mom, GET ME!".

Now if you'll excuse us, Mr Man needs some "private time" to earn his next cup of chocolate milk :/
Photobucket

oh, and don't worry, Miss A will keep the back up potty from being too lonely.
Photobucket

No comments: