Why "RedCanuck"?

I know you are all dying of curiosity why I call myself redcanuck. Losing sleep, not able to eat, holing up in your bedrooms rocking yourself back and forth because you just.need.to.know.why DAMMIT!!

I could not live with myself knowing you weren't eating or sleeping, let alone not doing other things in your bedrooms (*wink wink nudge nudge*), so this post is all about making your life happier. I'm a people pleaser. You love me.

redcanuck hails back alllll the way to my first year of University, when I went by the the nickname "red" pretty exclusively. There is something about dorm life that breeds goffy nicknames. Red fit me perfectly, what with the redhair, and red face when I laugh, cry, am tired, am excited, am bored, am embarassed...so basically all the time. Red worked very well. My University friends still call me red, as does my husband on occassion. I like it, it works. And as far as nicknames go, it's better than "Killer Tomato" and "Carrot top". Yeah, i think I'll keep red.

The canuck steams from my pure love of my country. It's as simple as that. I am all about being a canuck, as the liberal sprinkles of "Eh's" in my vocabulary will testify to!!

So there's the story, morning glory. Not too exciting, not to boring, Just...me

No comments: