My deep dark secret.

I'm going to let it all hang out there. I'm going to let it all hang out there because I know I am not alone. I know there are others out there like me, others out there trying to hide the same secret. The secret that slowly drives us insane, that makes us fear everything from a gust of wind to a surprise visitor. The fear of discovery. We fear...people will see...



this.

"This" being my guest bedroom. Oh the horror. Oh the HUMANITY!


"This" was also the room I stole away to to write papers and work on school work (I earned a B.A. in Political Science in December). How I wrote papers is also a mystery, one I will save for a later day.

"This" was also the room destined to become my baby girl's room, and if you've been reading along, you'll know she was born in April.

I kept promising myself I'd deal with all of that....stuff...after I was done school. January rolled around, like it's bound to do, and I kept putting it off. I hemmed, I hawed, I whined, I complained, I gnashed my teeth...I added to the dysfunction :D
Valentine's rolled around, and along with it a bigger belly, and even less motivation. Add to the stress of planning my son's second birthday party, and the general third trimester party-in-the-belly, and I was not getting it done.

I admit, I freaked out a bit. Just a wee bit. ok, maybe a lot. yes, I freaked out a lot. trips to IKEA, Home Depot and Zellers followed, and I was motivated. I purged, I filed, I packed away the good stuff. I got it done. Boooya!


I am pleased to report, "this" no longer exists :D It is now a pink and brown polkadot dream room. And she's slept in it....never at all. Oh the irony!

No comments: