*knock knock* anyone out there?

Considering this is a public blog, and one that I hit more than everyone else combined, it probably isn't the best to post too much of a cache post. But, well, it's my blog so I will if I wanna. K? If that's all right with you, of course. Just gotta make sure. You sure? ok then, just checking...one last chance...speak now of forever hold your peace!

SO tonight's little ditty steams from the book I just recently put down, so recently that the pages are still hot from my greedy little book worm hands. It was a great read, but then again there are so many great reads out there. For me, the ending is always the saddest part. It doesn't matter if the book's ending is so happy you wanna barf rainbows. It's just that it's over. and that's sad. why yes, i do know I'm a loser, thanks. This newest book held true to form. I could hardly put it down, which of course interfered with a little something I like to call my life. You know, the 2 kids, husband, cats, friends, house, toilets...all that require my attention. and love. and some semblance of eye contact, which is hard to do when you're trying to speed read a book! The nerve of those kids, wanting me to feed, and bath and be with them. The words were calling me!

I'm hoping this addiction isn't only mine. Are you out there? a support group for book junkies? Hi, my name is red, and I have a reading problem. I can't stop. Once I crack that spine and catch a wiff of that soul stealing new book smell, i'm done. Stop the presses, cancel the plans, my nose isn't coming up until I have devoured every word of that book. Sometimes more than once. It's an addiction, and it's a bad one. I stayed awake until 3am last night guzzling up as much as my weary eyes could comprehend. All while laying next to my three month old who without fail wants to eat at 6am. I don't function well at 6 am. I function even less well at 6 am after 3 hours sleep. I know this, I accept this, but i just couldn't put that damn book down!

Logically, I know that when i close the book, the story freezes, I won't miss anything, unlike those unwanted potty breaks at the movies (I learnt this horrid lesson trying to watch movies at 9 months pregnant while drinking those ginormous movie theater drinks. bad combo). I should feel ok putting down the book and seeing to, oh I don't know, the children maybe, without feeling this overwhelming urge to run right back and keep going. But logic doesn't work. I am an addict. Am I the only one?

And it's not one specific brand either. I will read, and be absorbed, by anything with words. Murder mystery, fiction, biographies, fantasy, romance (give me a throbbing manhood anyday, oh baby!), you name it, I will read it. Or already have. I've read Hardy Boys, Dan Brown, Patricia Cromwell, Marian Keyes, more than my fair share of royal bibliographers...I have no niche section, I am proud to roam the bookstore in every section just waiting for a book to jump into my hands and demand to be taken home

The sad part is I cannot stand library books. Which obviously makes my addiction a bit on the expensive side. Especially when friends fail to return favourite books, making me re-buy them so I can read the best parts again.

Photobucket


So world, here I am, baring my literary soul. My name is red, and I have a reading problem!!


BTW, I highly recommend "Glamour" if you are into chick lit. very good.

No comments: