My future-son-in-law

2 day hiatus was put to good use.
My best friend gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Thursday afternoon in what has since been declared a superbly fantastic amazing amazon birth. Well, *I* declared it a superbly fantastic amazing amazon birth, and since it's my blog I get to do those kinds of things!
Not only did she give birth without any pain meds, but she was out of the hospital and on her way home 2 hours later. Yes, I did say two hours. As in 120 minutes. and...well, I have no idea how many seconds and I am way too lazy to find a calculator to figure it out. I don't do math. I do politics.
But I digress...
So not only did she give birth without pain meds, and go home two hours later, but she also decided to stop off at her husband's baseball team's game, just because she could. I mean, really, this woman is AMAZING.
I am part of the priviledged few who was invited to meet the new little man during his first few hours breathing air, so when I got the phone call that the main show was all over (I did get quite a thrill to be getting a "It's a BOY!" phone call a mere 25 minutes after the big event) I immediately packed up my own family to make the 2 hour trip out. Talk about double time, I had the husband, the boy, the girl and all their accessories in the loser cruiser in 45 minutes flat. I am just that good. But before my lack of modesty throws you off, I admit to forgetting some pretty important articles. Mainly Baby boy's welcome to the world presents. *sigh*. I can't be perfect you know. Hate to break the carefully manicured image I've presented, but alas there it is. To redeem myself somewhat, I report that I did remember to search and find the nursing bra that my best friend wanted. It's made with bamboo. It's a little slice of heaven for boobs. I should know. I have 3 :D
Seeing the sweet addition to her blonde family made my uterus ache all over, even while holding my own almost-new addition. Hearing her wax poetics about her awesome empowering birth made me lust to relive my own amazing birth again. I am getting all nostalgic again thinking of how amazing birth can be, my own daughter's included...She was born at home.
I'll give you a second to digest that and pick your jaw up off the floor ;) I'm used to that reaction. Ok, ready to keep going?
I planned, and got, my homebirth. It was so amazing words just cannot describe it. It was earth moved under my feet good. It was an intense, earth shattering experience, one that I don't think anything could top. I cannot wait for the day that I can tell her about it. It was so fast that the midwife was here only 10 minutes before she was born! I couldn't have dreamed for it to be better. I had my husband by my side, and my two best friends there. One of whom is the above mentioned new mommy! One of these days I'll share my birth story. It's a must read.

And with that I need to run,my son is in need of some mommy love.

No comments: