You know you're a mom when...

Your lasagna is packed full of hidden vegetables. ha! Poor kid never knew what hit 'em.

Let's make some lasagna, eh!

Get your stuff together. The good thing about lasagna is that there really is no wrong ingredient. I'm always intrigued by what other people put in their lasagna. Forgot what's in their medicine cabinet, check out someone's lasagna to really discover some things about them. Beef, chicken, turkey, tofu, whatever floats your boat. Me, I'm a classicist, I go for Beef. I like to throw in some spinach, mushrooms, garlic, onions. Again, pretty classic. Here's where I go indie - I also throw in some pureed cauliflower and turnip. Yum! And the best part is, you would never know they're there. Sneaky sneaky. My mom was also renowned for adding in some tofu, and using spinach noodles and her lasagna was delicious. Like I said, you can't really go wrong.

Get yourself set up. Throw some tomato sauce in the bottom of your pan. I used jarred sauce. I have no shame.


This is important. Eyes front people. Oven Ready Noodles. There is no other


Start by browning your meat. Once cooked, throw in your onions and garlic. Don't forget the spinach, cauliflower and turnip!


Now get this - I add a twist. I put in some...wait for it, wait for it...cream cheese. Oh yes. Oh HELL yes. creamy goodness. trust me, do it.


Put in a layer of noodles. It doesn't have to be pretty, trust me on this one. The only thing that's important is that they overlap. just go wild.


Throw some more sauce on top. The noodles need the moisture. And I like tomatoes.


next, add half the meat mixture. Spread it out. Lick your fingers.


More sauce. yes, more.


Noodles. Again. Lasagna is all about the layering. Otherwise it would only be, what, spagetti? BO-RING!


Guess what...more sauce!Then Add the other half of the meat. Just pack 'er in

Tease your son with the glorious cheese.


Now add another layer of noodles, sauce and top with your delicious decadent cheese.


GLOOORIOUS!


Mmmm MMmm Mmmmm

1 comment:

babymagic said...

wow...that looks really yummy. I've never made lasagna from scratch before...but that looks damn good. wow.