Soul food!

With my son's surgery looming before us like bad breath in an elevator, I've been doing everything I can to keep him healthy. And of course, he got sick. the green boogies took up residence yesterday, so now I've doubled my efforts to banish them.
Amongst the various home remedies we have going on in this house, I decided that dinner just had to be Chicken noodle soup. It was a no-brainer.

So since I had to clean my kitchen anyways, I took pictures. I do it all for you guys. My wonderful, adoring, fan...s?

So, grab some veggies. My soup is like everything else I cook, just...stuff. Whatever floats your boat baby.
You gotta have celery, carrots and onion. It's like, my only rule.


I don't have time for much, so I use *cough cough* premade chicken broth. I'm so sorry.
And I used a chicken breast. Don't hate. I know the dark meat and bones is where it's at, but all I had was chicken breast. I made do. I zapped it, and shredded it. easy. I like easy.


Chop. I like to peel my carrots, but not my potatoes. Go figure.


Chop. Use your big knife. Now THAT'S a knife. Use the heel, work the knife baby, work it. feel it. be one with your knife.


I hate peeling potatoes. So I don't. I'm a rebel with a cause baby.


How many times can I say baby, baby?

baby

baby

aaaand I"m done. thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

right, back to the soup.

Cauliflower is good for you 'yo. So why not put it in soup? I dunno, so I did. yum. Mine was a little...past it's prime. But that's ok, just trim off the spots. It's still good.


Throw is allllll in a pot. Cover with chicken broth. stir.


bring to a boil. turn down the heat, and simmer till veggies are tender.


Grab a snack, don't let any of that lushious celery go to waste. Yum


aaaand a drink. it's a saturday, my husband is home, it's five o'clock somewhere, my best friend is at the bank, I'm moving, my baby boy is having surgery on monday, drink.


Boil another pot of water. Just do it.


This is why. Noodles. You do not want to put the noodle sin the soup. they get yucky. and you can't freeze 'em. And we all know you make soup to freeze ;)


Soups done! I decided to throw in some chopped Spinach. The soup needed some colour. And Iron. It was a little anemic.


noodles. bowl. soup. enjoy

No comments: