Happy Potato and Leek Soup Day!!

Or something like that.

The Dude with the key to my heart is a soup lover. Soup is practically a part of his religion. Heritage. Blood. He likes soup. SO today, on the day we celebrate our loves, I made my man soup. I am predictable, and he is grateful. We are a match made in heaven!

Of course, what kind of random blogger would I be if I didn't take pictures a la PW to share with you all?! I would be NOTHING. that's what. so here are the pictures, my friends.

This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. Trust me.
Get a big pot. Put it on the stove. See? easy!
Turn on the heat to low. Throw in some buttah. It's getting a little harder, but stay with me now, you can do this.

Cut up some Leeks. Leeks can be tricky buggers. They have a lot of dirt and icky bits stuck between the leaf layers, so you're gonna want to slice them in half, then chop em and soak them for a bit. Like this.

Cut


Chop


Soak.


Nasty after water. Told ya.


Cut up some potatoes.


Just cut 'em up however the knife lands on 'em. We'll be pureeing it later, so really, just cut 'em up however makes you happy.
Throw them in the hot pot.


Stir, slap the lid on for 10 minutes or so. Or... change a diaper, find a missing thomas train, call your mom, go pee, and fold a load of laundry. 10 minutes, give or take.


ALthough, maybe those 10 minutes should have been spent scrubbing my stove. ugh.

Add enough water to cover the potatoes and Leeks. Bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer until potatoes are tender and are mushable. Yes, that is a technical term. Here. On my blog.


Break out your immersion blender and blend. And blend some more.


tada!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soup looks so good!!