Home comforts



My little guy has bounced back from surgery as only a wee child can. If the scars weren't still needing to be bandaged and there wasn't still a tube sticking out of his kidney, you'd never know he was just on the operating table! Oh to be young and resilient. oh to be strong, and flexible and hail and whole. I would have been knocked on my ass for a fortnight after the same surgery.

Mr Man did need a few things to make his stay in the hospital bearable. As bearable as being confined to a hospital bed with both hands bandaged can be for an almost-three year old!

Pink baby, of course. She was essential. She was a life saver. I love pink baby, she's getting a mighty nice christmas present this year, I tell ya!

His superman pillow, both for some familiar smells and we all know how sucky hospital pillows are.

His doggie quilt, which his grandma put together from squares made from each of his close family members. You can just see the red face under the DVD player - my square :D

And of course, the silver box that saved the day, his "DVDV" player.

these 4 things saved my sanity. Or rather what was left of my sanity ;)

2 comments:

The Okie Frau said...

I'm glad he's home and doing well. How long will the tube be there?

Red said...

just till tuesday, when we go back and they remove it. It should be a simple in-office procedure.