Hangin' with my homies


dec 31 254, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

As my group of friends get older, our group keeps getting bigger and bigger. And man are the new additions demanding things! Dictating when, where and how long we can hang out, Dictating what activities we can and cannot do and even go so far as to decide what we can and cannot eat and drink! I mean, REALLY! Who puts up with people like that?! It's unreasonable! It's frustrating! It's...our children. right. oups. Sorry kidlets.

My core group of friends are reproducing at an astounding rate. Rabbits, I tell ya, Rabbits!!
I was the first to birth forth new life from my loins (sorry) and it just seems like there is a new butt to wipe every 6 months or so. Actually, we're a bit behind - there is a 7 month gap forming, with no little one due for at least another 4 months. FOR SHAME!! Or thank god, depending on your outlook, heh.
The little ones are dangerously close to outnumbering us old fogies, and I for one am a little scared. Us parents need to band together, or they will begin to take over.
Yet, on the flip side, when everyone has offspring close to the same ages, you know there is no lack of understanding when your almost three year old throws the mother of all temper tantrums, or your wee one has an explosive outpouring of ingested nutrients...from either end. Baby equipment is never in short supply, nor are toys and clothing.

Or love and cuddles. Because when you have parents who are this close, it is easy to love their children. And to have their children love you. SO while yes, things can get noisy and hectic and confusing, and that's just with the fathers, there is never a lack of cuddles and kisses and arms to hold babies and toddlers.



Noses don't go long without being wiped, and booboo's are kissed faster than they can happen. Having a big group of close knitted friends makes being a parent less, well, traumatizing!

That, my dear friends, is why the hubs and I bought our new house. To be closer to the people who will love our kids like we do. And hey, maybe that means a few less diapers for me to change! (or a few more...d'oh)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the first picture, people everywhere, so many things going on at the same time yet everyone are so "together" ... didn't say I was good at making sense.