i *heart* faces week 9!

Creative Crop baby, creative crop. Considering I take about 25% of my photos blind (aka: point, shoot and pray) I was really looking forward to this week's theme!

Of course, wouldn't you know that I think I may just choose a kids photo I just so happened to take today :/ go figure, of all the thousands of photos! lol. Ah well.

If you haven't already checked them out, check em out!



Kids:




Adult:



And for kicks, here are the originals. What do you think? Good choice to crop or not?


8 comments:

Unknown said...

both of these are great. I really love the fun expressed in your adult entry... the black and white of your child entry is just stunning too! :)

Julie Rivera said...

Love the comparison to the SOOC...and I think you chose wonderful images to crop. The expression of happiness in your adult picture is fabulous and the vertical crop really draws the attention where it needs to be. And you child entry is wonderful! I definitely like the closer crop on her sweet face.

Unknown said...

Both are beautiful pictures.... I love the color in the adult entry... Great job!

Amy said...

I love the cropping and black and white of the kid entry! And the color of the adult! Love it all!

And btw, RED HEADS RULE! :)

Jo said...

Very nice work on both!

Mrs. McFadden said...

I love both photos! great job.

Skeller said...

I really really like the crop on your darling baby. The crop gives the image a fun, quirky feel.

But I gotta admit, I love how you framed the adult photo *IN CAMERA*. I wouldn't have changed that one a lick!

:-)

The Animator's Wife said...

All 4 shots you posted were great. I hate choosing between two different versions of a picture that I like (like the crop vs. not crop). I definitely LOVE the B&W conversion and closer crop on the top shot. But with the adult shot I think you lose a little bit of the "story" by cropping out the swing. Just a thought, definitely works BOTH ways.

Your pictures seem to get better and better each week! Great job this time.