Guess what I did today!!

Go on, guess. Bet you can't get it. Nope, not this one. This one is good. well, actually, it's bad, but it's a good game.


Today, I discovered sunshine in my basement. Sunshine coming from the HOLE in my main floor.

Nope, not kidding


Hello Sunshine! Where dd you come from? And WTF are you doing in my brand new house?!

Oh. I see how it is. You came to torture me.
And prove that new houses do indeed contain much crappy craftmanship. damn you


Someone along the way thought it would be a good idea to cut TWO vent holes in the sub-floor by my front door. And then install only 1 heating duct. And leave the other hole just hanging out. Because it must be cool. AND THEN some tile guy thought it would be a very cool idea to just, you know, TILE over the hole!! YAHOOOO!! I mean, why not, right? Tile was design to just float on a bed of mud and mesh, it doesn't need anything strong underneath it to keep it from cracking, right?

No?

oh.

oups.

Not surprisingly, my angry voice conveyed itself remarkably well over the phone as I had workmen at my door minutes later to fix the "issue". All in all, it only too them 6 hours to fix it. Not bag for a bunch of men actually!


We can thank my 3 year old son for finding the hole in my floor. Don't even get me started on the nightmares playing through my head of everything that could have happened with such a jagged sharp tile and no sub-floor. Imagines of blood and broken bones and babies crying haunt me. And will be haunting the builders and tile company when I am through with them, don't you worry.

No comments: