Photo Editing Software what?


april 3 008, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

I don't own photo editing software.

SURPRISE!

Not that I don't want to, oh contraire mes amies, I long for my very own copy of photoshop, whether it be Elements or...CS (*drool*). But alas, my computer hard drive is alone. Alone, lost in the vaste sea of solitary confinement, never to be allowed the joy of family, of hope, of photo editing.

It's like a timelife movie. It's ok to cry a bit. I understand.

I stare longingly at many photographers blogs, looking at all the cool things they do with photoshop. And least we not forget all the cool actions Pioneer Woman has on her site. Oh man how I want them. I could play forever and forever with photoediting, if I had it. But I don't. All I have is whatever small things flickr (or photobucket) allow me to tweak.

I feel like a kid wearing "Prado" shoes instead of Prada, hoping nobody will notice. And then part of me laughs at the Prada kids because inside I'm just teaming with jealousy. It's like 3rd grade all over again.

3 comments:

Laura said...

How are you doing your watermark then?

Red said...

I put it on using the editing available through flickr. It lets you do some basic stuff, like crop, or rotate, and add text. It's not so much a watermark as it is text that's set to 80% translucency. I have to manually type it on, place it where I want and then adjust the translucency for each and every picture. it's highly annoying. Because it's through flick, none of my pictures on my computer have it, only the ones i've uploaded to flickr.

Unknown said...

I don't know if this helps but there is other free photo editing software out there. Picasa is which is Googles, Gimp which is a watered down version of Photoshop and of course Smilebooks which enables you to create a professional Photobook. I am a fan of all 3. Remember these are all free softwares much more advance then flickr.