Guess who's one!!


april 19 399, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

This sweet baby girl sprung forth from my loins a short short year ago. *I* cannot believe it. My loins, well, they can believe it. But let's not talk about that now, m'kay?
Let's talk about my baby girl. My one year old. My crazy, stubborn, giggly, inquisitive, loving, beautiful daughter.

She likes to put food in her mouth. Likes it very much. I mean, why not, right? It's what all the people around her do, and sometimes *cough cough* a bit too much. Or too frequently, pick your poison. So she does it too. Monkey see, monkey do. We all live in a zoo.
While she's figured out the hand/mouth/food connection, what she can't seem to figure out is that *we* swallow. And oh lord please do not let me make a spit or swallow joke right now, it is trying to bubble up, but I am controlling it, i swear. ok, controlled. moving on. She likes to stuff her mouth as full as posible, and then when she's reached max. capacity, shove it all out with her mouth. D'oh. The messes she creates, i swear to god triple my laundry. My love affaire with my steam mop knows no bounds.

She has, to her great credit, figured out how to drink from a sippy cup. HIP HIP HOORAY!!! Celebrate with me people!! My boobs, they be free!!! I can come, I can go oh dear, ohhhh dear). That's not to say the boobs are not still in service, cause they are, just that they aren't the only gas station in town, ya know?
Or was that a bit of overshare? sorry.

She is so close to walking it's obscene. But she just won't. And really, why should she when she has her personal slave, aka momma, to carry her. to hold her and love her and kiss her sweet adorable baby head all the time.

What she does love right now are stairs. And what we have right now in this glorious new house are loads of stairs. Slippery Oak stairs, and ceramic tiles. Slippery stairs that a certain little lady falls off and bonks her gorgeous noggin on the hard ceramic tiles on. Her head is not nearly as monochromatic now as it was in this picture! Various shades of yellow, green and purple now contribute to her aura.

She loves animals. Especially when she is in her momma's arms.

She loves trains. Especially trains which her brother also loves, so that he squeals and thrashes around when she loves up ON them.

She loves her dadda. Especially when he tickles her special spot under her right arm with his stubble. The giggles people, OH THE GIGGLES! They would end wars. Create World Peace. These giggles.

She loves Michael Buble. Bedtime is not complete with his croning a melody for her sweet ears.

She loves the drums. Especially when she can snag the drum sticks to chew on.

She loves her toes. Her fingers. Chocolate, and her family. She's my daughter and I love her.



No comments: