She hath brung forth new life!!


feb 17 069, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

Miserable no longer, AJ, one of my blonde bombshell best friends (yes, there are two of them. I'm cursed) is now a proud mommy Squared!

Sunday morning she welcome a beautiful baby girl into the world...at home! AJ, being a serious ER nurse, thought I was off my rocker, bonkers, certifiable, when I decided to birth my own dear daughter at home. She came and was with me anyways, but up until Sunday, swore up, down and sideways that *she* was going to birth in the hospital.

Well. Her little bundle of pink joy decided otherwise, making her grand entrance too fast for any mention of hospital - the midwives got there in time to close the windows (bombshell #1 is a bit of a screamer, it turns out!) and catch.

How freaking cool is that?

I can't tell you how proud I am of my little bombshell. She birthed that baby like nobody's business! She had her doubts about whether she could birth au naturel, regardless of the setting, but look, she did.

Because....wait for it...wait for it...

Birth.is.not.scary.
Birth.is.normal.

Oh wow, did I just blow your mind? I bet I did. But it's true. Every one of us is the product of an unbroken line of birthing woman. Woman birthing during wars, famines, in fields, caves, by themselves...all done. All birthed. Birth is not only wonderful, birth is normal.

Isn't that simple normal fact awesome?! I think so too!

Hearing all 'bout AJ's fantastic birth made me all mushy and gushy for my own homebirth. And since the hubs "shipping" department is close for business, reminiscing is all I can do. Want to do it with me? I think it's about time to post my own home birth story. My own birth story full of birthing goodness!

1 comment:

Jennylou's Projects said...

I love birth stories - this is a great one. :D

I want a water birth next time - which will be like five years away, me thinks, so I love living through others. :D