Shit happens


Today, my son was bitten while at Preschool.
Today, we both learned some things about people.

I learned that no matter how protective I am of my son, and no matter how much I love him, he will still get hurt.
My son learned that playing with others can sometimes bite you in the ass...err...arm. While I do wish neither of us had ever had to learn these lessons, after some angry words and even angrier thoughts, I realized I have to keep in mind that I am thankful my son was able to live for 3 1/2 years without that lesson. And I had 3 1/2 blissful years where I was blissfully naive enough to think that I could ALWAYS protect my son.
But I can't.
He's growing up
And you know what? That sucks.

So. Today. Shit happened.

What matters now is what we do with the things that today offered us, good AND bad.

1 comment:

Jennylou's Projects said...

Oh no! It looks like a pretty bad bite! Sometimes kids bite, it sucks being on either end of the bite. Nora has bitten Josh, but thankfully no one at school (KNOCK ON WOOD!), it doesn't happen often for her - usually when we are grocery shopping and she's bored. Simple solution = get the race car shopping cart, lol.