There is no logical explanation for this.


october 15 011-1, originally uploaded by red_canuck.

This...this is a praying mantis.

In my backyard.

In October. Mid October.

In Canada

(that's in the northern hemisphere, just so's we're clear)

Never, EVA in my many years walking these streets, have I ever seen a praying mantis. Until this little guy started insisting that my kids outdoor playhouse was *his* house, thankyouverymuch, goodbye.

wait, what?

yeah, dude was all macho trying to get us to leave his little green butt alone. I tried to point out to him that he would fit comfortably under my big, descending foot, but he dissented.
So the big softie that I am, I used the fly swatter to....move him. yes, move him, I promise! He now resides under my sage plant.

He's a weird dude.



*edit*
Do yourself a favour, and do not wiki praying mantis. The words "sexual cannibalism" should never ever be linked. Ever. like...ever. Save yourself, and you sex life. No wiki-ing, please. You're welcome.

No comments: